Necalli is an offensive character with tools to approach and pressure the opponent.
- Standing Medium Punch – 6 Frame startup +5 on hit +2 on block
Can combo after a crossover like st.mk. Also can link cr.mp after.
- Standing Hard Punch – 9 Frame startup +1 on hit -2 on block
Big damage, goes into fb.mk.
- Standing Light Kick
- Standing Medium Kick – 5 Frame startup, +6 on hit, +2 on block
Pretty good knee like normal, very shoto’ish attack from older games like A3 and USF4. Goes into cr.mp or his target combo.
- Standing Hard Kick- 12 Frame startup, +3 on hit, -4 on block,Crush on counter hit
Strong poke, free follow up on counter hit, can be VT’d.
- Crouching Light Punch – 3 Frame startup +3 on hit +1 on block
Necalli’s fastest normal at 3 frames. Look for counter hit to go into cr.mp, combos into itself on normal hit.
- Crouching Medium Punch – 5 Frame startup +4 on hit +2 on block
Really good normal, special cancelable and decent range.
- Crouching Hard Punch – 9 Frame startup +4 on hit -1 on block
Decent anti-air, combos into fb.mk
- Crouching Light Kick – 4 Frame startup +3 on hit +1 on block
Necalli’s fastest low attack. Can link cr.mp on counter hit. cr.lp on normal hit.
- Crouching Medium Kick – 8 Frame startup +0 on hit -4 on block
Great range for a low attack and special cancel-able.
- Crouching Hard Kick – 7 Frame startup KD on hit, -10 on block
Good range and hit box but risky because it’s easily punishable
- Jumping Forward/Back Medium Punch
Juggles on air to air hit. The hitbox goes up vertically. Could be used as a whiffed jump in into command grab/throw
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch
The jump-in for Necalli.
- Jumping Forward Medium Kick
This is Necalli’s cross over which is surprisingly good. Can combo Medium attacks and less after landing this.
- Down Forward + Hard Punch – 23 Frame startup, +1 on hit, -4 on block
Necalli’s standing overhead. A lunging forward attack. Can follow up on counter hit.
- Jump Forward Down + Hard Kick
Necalli’s dive kick.
- Medium kick, Hard Kick, Medium Punch + Medium Kick
Necalli’s target combo
- Raging Light
This is his preferred anti air in many situations.
- Crouching Hard Punch
Great on counter hit
- Air to Air J.mp
Lots of options of this
The Disc’s Guidance
- Hold Back then Foward + any Punch
Necalli’s charge move. It can go through projectiles and has a hit of projectile armor on it.
Mask of Tlalli
- Half Circle Back + any Punch
Necalli’s command grab. Ex version you can dp for more damage or try to reset them with St. mp then grab again or meaty them.
- Forward, Down, Down Forward + any Punch
Necalli’s DP. Hard Punch and Ex have very good invincibility.
- Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Kick 14 19 23 10 On Block -4, -2, 0, -2
Light hits quick and is a true block string. Medium can be followed up with crouching medium punch. Hard version knocks the opponent up so can you follow with a juggle.
- Medium Punch + Medium Kick
Necalli’s v-skill can be aimed by holding back, forward or keeping the stick in neutral. You have to be careful with it. Very easy to get blown up if you use this at a bad time or predictably.
- Hard Punch + Hard Kick
Necalli’s V-Trigger lasts until the end of the round. It increases the damage on his attacks and makes him move more beast like cough Blanka cough. You cancel normals with V-Trigger.
- Down, Down Foward, Foward x 2 + Any Punch
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Crouching Medium Kick cancel into light Valiant Rebellion
Crouching Medium Kick has good range then canceled into light Valiant Rebellion combos but sometimes at it will whiff at far ranges. Can cancel into super for more damage, or use Ex Valiant Rebellion if you have the meter. You can use this combo after walking forward unlike Disc’s Guidance.
- Jump in Hard Punch, Standing Hard Punch cancel into Medium Valiant Rebellion, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Light Disc’s Guidance.
Main jump in bnb.
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
- Standing Medium Punch, Crouch Medium Punch cancel into Disc’s Guidance
Once you see the st.mp hit you have enough time to charge for Disc’s Guidance during cr.mp
- Counter hit Crouching Light Punch , Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Valiant Rebellion or Disc’s Guidance
- Counter hit Crouching Medium Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Valiant Rebellion or Disc’s Guidance
- Counter hit Crouching Medium Kick, Medium Valiant Rebellion, Crouching Medium Punch, Light Disc’s Guidance
- Jump in Hard Punch, Standing/Crouching Hard Punch, Medium Valiant Rebellion, Crouching Medium Punch, Light Disc’s Guidance
- Jump Medium Punch Air to Air land super
- Counter Hit Down Forward Hard Punch, Stand Hard Kick, V-Trigger, Crouching Medium Punch, Disc’s Guidance
- Crouching Medium Kick, V-Trigger, Crouching Medium Kick, Light Valiant Rebellion
- Standing Hard Kick, Standing Light Punch, V-Trigger, Crouching Medium Punch xx Special
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-3 Frames or more
- Crouching Light Punch xx Lp/Mp DP
- Standing Light Kick
-5 Frames or More
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Valiant Rebellion or Disc’s Guidance
- Reversal DP Light or Medium
- Standing Medium Kick, Crouching Medium Punch into Valiant Rebellion or Disc’s Guidance
-7 Frames or more
- Standing Medium Punch cancel into any special.
-10,-11 Frames or more
- Critical Art
- Standing Hard Punch combos
Best Punish -12 or more
- Counter hit Standing Hard Kick, Standing Hard Kick, V-trigger, Standing Hard Punch xx Qcf.mk, Crouching Medium Punch xx bf.lp
- Pre VT, Down Forward Hard Punch, Walk, Target combo
Combos Into Critical Art
- j.hp st.hp fb.mk cr.mp critical art
- Cr.mk, fb.lk, critical art
- Counter hit cr.lp cr.mp fb.lk critical art
- Counter hit df.hp critical art
- St.hk VT St.hp, fb.mk,cr.mp critical art
- Counter hit Standing Hard Kick, Standing Hard Kick, V-trigger, Standing Hard Punch xx Qcf.mk, Crouching Medium Punch xx Critical Art
- Crouching Medium Kick, V-Trigger, Crouching Medium Kick, Light Valiant Rebellion cancel into Critical Art
- Air to Air J.mp land then Critical Art
After the round starts, if you are fighting against someone with projectiles you can use Disc’s Guidance to fly through badly spaced and timed projectiles. If you are fighting someone without projectiles you can walk your way in looking for their jumps to anti-air, and start footsie-ing with st.hk and cr.mk Once you get in close you can mix up pressure with cr.lp tick throw/command grab, cr.lp cr.mp which combos on counter hit, and frame trapping with Valiant Rebellion. Once you get a knockdown you can meaty with cr.hp and if it hits go into medium Valiant Rebellion. If they get counter hit they will be Crushed Counter’d then spin around and the Valiant Rebellion will still hit. Necalli’s dash is very quick and good to use then command grab.
Update. Punish huge mistakes with df.HP walk st.mk, st.hk, mp+mk. Pre-VT. As this builds a lot of VT meter.
Pre VT aim to get VT up as fast as possible.
8 V-skill hits. 16 V-skill hits on block.
Crush Counter st.hk and df.hp build VT.
How to beat Necalli
Overall out footsie him and look for jump ins/dive kicks, bait Disc’s Guidance/Raging lights, Disc’s guidance are -6 besides ex which is more punishable. Raging Lights are very punishable. His dive kick pauses him in the air and you can get a solid punish if you can wait for it after he jumps. Out footsie him in the mid range. His footsie damage isn’t the best because at max range his cr.mk struggles to help connect Valiant Rebellion and he’d rather go for Disc’s Guidance but if he walks forward he loses his charge. Speaking of that if you have projectiles, only throw them when he has lost a charge, moments when he’s walked forward etc. If he gets in close look for moments to use a reversal, like if the player does medium Valiant Rebellion on block, you can interrupt it with cr.lp, reversal or even a critical art. If the player is being safe, block the light Valiant Rebellion and go back to footsies. You can still do reversals and critical arts through light Valiant Rebllions but any normal will lose. If it gets really tough use your V-Reversal.