Dudley is a character who does very high damage with great walking speed, good high, low mix-ups, and great frame traps but has problems getting in on opponent and takes patience to make your way in.
- Standing Hard Punch
Strong poking tool. It can beat out most of the opponents pokes and can combo into crouching jab on counter hit. By holding forward while hitting Hard Punch it moves you forward a little bit and by being in neutral or holding back you don’t move at all. 6 Frame start up and does 130 damage and 200 stun on hit. -4 on block.
- Standing Hard Kick
Main combo starter. Link Hard Kick into the Duck move to keep pressure or to Ex Machine Gun Blow for damage. 4 Frame start up and does 80 damage and 160 stun on hit.
- Crouching Light Punch
Helps maintain pressure and links into other normals like standing hard kick and crouching medium punch. It is also special cancelable.
- Crouching Medium Punch
Good poking tool and it is special cancelable.
- Crouching Light Kick
Fastest low that can be linked into crouching light punch.
- Crouching Medium Kick
Good counter poking tool to stop opponents crouching attacks. It causes a untechable knock down that allows you to get in and begin your mix-up.
- Crouching Hard Kick
Slow start up but launches the opponent into the air for a follow up. At mid screen use hard kick ducking straight or upper works. In corner use 2 more crouching hard kick then follow up with Rocket Upper or Corkscrew Cross. 14 Frame start up and -8 on block.
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch
Good air to air and does 120 damage.
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Kick
Main jump in attack that beats some anti airs. 110 Damage and 200 stun.
- Kidney Blow, Forward + Medium Kick
Main frame trapping tool and setting up counter hits and throws. On hit you can link into standing hard kick or crouching light punch. 8 frame start up, +5 on hit, and +3 on block. 100 Damage and 100 stun.
- Dart Shot, Forward + Hard Kick
Overhead that you can combo after on hit with crouching light punch or standing hard kick.15 Frame start up, +4 on hit, and -1 on block. 80 damage and 100 stun.
- Medium Kick
Fastest anti air and stops a lot of jump ins and cross over attempts. 6 Frame start up, 65 damage, and 100 stun.
- Crouching Hard Punch
Good damage but trades with some jump ins and has some start up time. 8 Frame start up, 120 damage, and 200 stun.
- Ex Jet Upper
Good wake up and anti air granting some invincibility but costs 1 meter. 3 Frame start up, 180 damage, and 200 stun.
- Standing Roundhouse
Decent anti air if they jump too close near you. 4 Frame start up, 80 damage, and 160 stun.
- Rocket Upper
It can be used as an anti air with its invincibility and 3 frame start up but usually you will spend meter in combos or Ex Jet Upper fadc for safe wake up.
- Ultra 2
Great anti air if you have ultra and know they are going to jump. 8 Frame start up, and 440 damage.
Machine Gun Blow
- Back,Down Back, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
Good combo finisher. Light Machine Gun Blow is good for pressure. Light Machine Blow is -2 on block, it is the safest Machine Gun Blow to use. Ex Machine Gun Blow does 120 damage, 150 stun, and launches opponent into the air for a follow up with Medium Ducking Upper at mid screen and in corner Hard Jet Upper.
- Forward, Down, Down Forward + any Punch
If you use this very close to the opponent, you can follow up with hard Jet upper or ultra 2. Light Jet Upper could be used as an anti air but with no invincibility makes it get beat by a lot of attacks. Ex Jet Upper has invincibility making it good for wake up and anti air.
- Forward, Down Forward, Down, Down Back, Back + any Punch
A high counter move that will add the damage you take and add it to the total damage you do to them. Light stays active the longest and hard the shortest. It can be used to defend against cross up attacks since it has a 3 frame start up but armor breaking moves can go through the counter. Ex Cross Counter does more damage and Ultra 2 can be used after hitting it.
Short Swing Blow
- Forward, Down Forward, Down, Down Back, Back + any Kick
Short Swing Blow is a move that throw invincible making it good to use while baiting throw attempts. Light Short Swing Blow is the recommended one to use since it has the fastest start up, -2 on block, 120 damage, and 200 stun.
Duck, Ducking Straight, Ducking Upper
- Back,Down Back, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Kick then Punch for Straight or Kick for Upper
Duck is projectile invincible going through almost every projectile. Ducking Straight breaks armor and has decent range. Ducking Upper is used as a follow up in combos like after Ex Machine Gun Blow. Ex Ducking Straight can be used to extend combos.
- Charge Down(2secs), Up+ any Kick
This move is very unsafe on block, -22 frames on normal versions. The main use for the normal ones is to use it in the corner then fadc it on hit to get out of being corner. Ex Thunderbolt can be used to chip opponents if they have very little life left. The move also tracks the opponent and has some invincibility on start up.
- Rocket Upper , Down, Down Forward, Forward, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
Rocket Upper is easy to connect off of a lot of moves and deals good damage.
- Ultra 1, Rolling Thunder, Down, Down Forward, Forward,Down, Down Forward, Forward + all three kicks
Good against projectile characters since you will pass right through the projectiles. 8 Frame start up.
- Ultra 2, Corkscrew Cross, Down, Down Forward, Forward,Down, Down Forward, Forward + all three punches
Good to use in combos or as an anti air. 8 Frame start up.
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Standing Hard Kick cancel into Light Machine Gun Blow for safe or Ex Machine Gun Blow for damage
High damaging combo.
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
Ducking can be used instead of Machine Gun Blow to continue pressure.
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Light Machine Gun Blow
- Crouching Light Kick,Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Light Machine Gun Blow
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Machine Gun Blow or Ex Machine Gun Blow
- Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Machine Gun Blow or Ex Machine Gun Blow
- Kidney Shot, Crouching Light Punch cancel into Light Machine Gun Blow
- Kidney Shot, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Machine Gun Blow or Ex Machine Gun Blow
- Kidney Shot, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Machine Gun Blow or Ex Machine Gun Blow
Dudley’s Dark Shot (Forward + Hard Kick) can be follow up with a combo on hit.
- Forward + Hard Kick, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Jet Upper or Ex Machine Gun Blow
- Forward + Hard Kick, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Jet Upper or Ex Machine Gun Blow
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-3 Frames or more
- Crouching Light Punch or Standing Light Punch cancel into Light Machine Gun Blow
- Rocket Upper
- Hard Jet Upper or Ex Jet Upper
Depending on the range is what you should use.
-4 Frames or More
- Standing Hard Kick into Hard Jet Upper or Ex Machine Gun Blow
-8 Frames or more
- Ultra 1 or 2
- Kidney Blow, Standing Hard Kick cancel into Hard Machine Gun Blow or Ex Machine Gun Blow
Combos Into Ultra
Usually if you are behind on life you will need to land Ultra when possible to gain the lead. Also anytime when presented that you can land Ultra in a under half health situation is always good. Dudley has many ways to land his Ultra 2 and most of them deal heavy damage.
- Jump in Hard Punch/Kick then Ultra
- Focus Attack crumble dash then Ultra
- Ex Machine Gun Blow to ultra 2 (corner)
- Crouching Hard Kick to ultra 2
- Light Jet Upper to ultra 2
- Jet Upper FADC to ultra 2
- Ex Cross Counter ultra 2
Frame traps allow Dudley to open the opponent up while keeping pressure. Kidney Shot is +3 on block so a normal with 4 frame start up like Dudley’s Standing Hard Kick or Crouching Light Kick will give the opponent 1 frame to do a move but if that move isn’t invincible to normals then you will hit them.
Basic Frame Trap Examples
- Kidney Blow (Forward + Medium Kick), Standing Hard Kick
- Kidney Blow (Forward + Medium Kick), Crouching Light Kick
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Kick
- Crouching Light Punch, Standing Hard Kick
How to beat Dudley