Guile is a character with a really good defensive play style. Even though he only has 2 Special Moves, he has some useful normals to make up for it. Guile has no long range special cancel-able normal and has problems making come backs since he has unreliable Ultra combos.
- Hard Punch
Good to use if opponent is too close. 5 Frame start up, +1 on block, and +5 on hit.
- Knee Bazooka, Back or Forward + Light Kick
Great for moving forward and keeping charge or can be used to tick throw opponent.
- Back or Forward + Medium Kick
Great for moving back and keeping charge and beats out some attacks.
- Back or Forward + Close Standing Hard Kick
Good for beating out low attacks, throws, and can combo after on hit. 0 on block and +5 on hit.
- Crouching Light Punch
Good to push opponents off you or for hit confirming combos or throw after the opponent blocks or it hits them. 4 Frame start up, +1 on block, +4 on hit, and 30 damage.
- Crouching Medium Punch
Main go to normal to cancel into Sonic Boom or Flash Kick but has less range than crouching light punch. 4 Frame start up, -1 on block, +2 on hit, and 70 damage.
- Crouching Light Kick
Fastest low that can be linked into crouching light punch or crouching light kick. 4 frame start up, 0 on block, and +3 on hit.
- Crouching Medium Kick
Good counter poking tool to stop opponents crouching attacks or you can use it to keep them out. 7 Frame start up, -4 on block, and -1 on hit.
- Crouching Hard Kick
Fast start up but if the first hit doesn’t hit, it is punishable before the 2nd kick hits.6 Frame start up.
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Kick
Both do 100 damage and 200 stun.
- Forward + Medium Punch
Overhead. 15 Frame start up, -3 on block, and 0 on hit.
- Forward + Hard Punch
Far reaching poke that hits opponents if they walk forward too much but they can duck it so don’t over use it. 8 Frame start up, 0 on block, and +4 on hit.
- Down Forward Hard Kick
Good for combos and can be used as a decent anti air but it will miss crouching opponents.
- Down Medium Kick, Forward + Medium Punch
Decent target combo that hits low first then overhead.
- Crouching Hard Punch
Main anti air that beats a lot of jump ins. 5 frame start up and 100 damage.
- Light Flash Kick or Ex Flash Kick
Good for some invincibility and damage. 4 Frame start up, 80 damage for Light Flash Kick, and 180 for Ex.
- Down Forward + Hard Kick, Forward + Hard Punch
Slow start up and should only be used if you know the opponent jumps too much after hit can follow up with Forward Hard Punch. 11 Frame start up. 238 damage.
- Air Throw
Air Throw has good range and does 150 damage.
- Light or Medium Double Flash
The Light version has a 3 frame start up, and Medium version has a 4 frame start up. Sometimes the Light version doesn’t hit fully so Medium version is recommended.
- Ultra 1
Great anti air if you have ultra and know they are going to jump. 7 Frame start up.
- Hold Back for 2 secs, Forward + any Punch
Light version of Sonic Boom recovers really fast and can used to make opponents want to jump in or have to slowly work there way in on the ground. Ex Sonic Boom is good in projectile wars and if you know the opponent will try to focus through your projectile.
- Hold Down for 2 secs, Up + any Kick
Light Flash Kick has the most invincibility making it better for anti air. Hard Flash Kick is used for combos. Ex Flash Kick has the Light Flash Kicks invincibility and more damage making good for anti air and combos.
- Double Flash, Hold Down Back, Down Forward, Down Back, Up Forward + any Kick
Light Double Flash has a 3 frame start up making it great for anti airing but has the shortest range. Medium Double Flash could be used as a anti air with decent range but has 4 frame start up.
- Ultra 1, Flash Explosion, Hold Down Back, Down Forward, Down Back, Up Forward + all three kicks
Good for punishing moves over 7 frames and can be used as an anti air. 7 Frame start up.
- Ultra 2, Sonic Hurricane, Hold Back, Forward, Back, Forward + all three punches
Good to use in projectile battles and combo into. 10 Frame start up.
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Sonic Boom
Safe combo if they block
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
- Crouching Light Punch or Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Light Punch, Standing Heavy Punch. Works only on standing opponents.
- Crouching Light Kick or Light Punch,Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Sonic Boom or Flash Kick
- Crouching Light Punch or Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch cancel into Flash Kick or Sonic Boom into Double Flash
- Down Forward Hard Kick, Flash Kick or Ex Flash Kick
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Light Sonic Boom, Forward Hard Punch
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-3 Frames or more
- Light Double Flash
- Standing Light Punch, Standing Hard Punch
Depending on the range is what you should use.
-4 Frames or More
- Flash Kick or Ex Flash Kick
- Medium Double Flash
- Crounching Light Punch or Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Sonic Boom or Flash Kick
-7 Frames or more
- Ultra 1
-11 Frames or more
- Down Forward + Hard Kick, Flash Kick or Ex Flash Kick
- Ultra 2
Combos Into Ultra
These will be combos you want to use when you need to land Ultra. Usually if you are behind on life you will need to land Ultra when possible to gain the lead. Also anytime when presented that you can land Ultra in a under half health situation is always good. The input for Flash Kick to FADC Forward Sonic Hurricane is Down Back, Up Back + Kick, Charge Focus Attack a little bit then dash Forward, Back, Forward+ all three punches. If they fall before your Sonic Hurricane comes out then you are charging Focus Attack too long and if you dash behind them then too early.
- Flash Kick FADC Forward Sonic Hurricane
- Charged Focus Attack to ultra
How to beat Guile