Guy is a rush down character with tools to keep him in the opponents face and with great mix-ups to keep them guessing but Guy has slow normal walk speed, pokes are not the greatest, anti airs are not the strongest, and his wake up option is very risky.
- Close/Far Standing Medium Punch
Close is special cancel-able allowing you to run and stop to keep pressure. Far is a good poke that is special cancel-able also.
- Close/Far Standing Medium Kick
Good poke to beat out opponents crouching attacks.
- Close/Far Standing Hard Kick
Good poke that can also be used as an anti air.
- Crouching Light Punch
Helps maintain pressure and links into other normals like Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Punch. It is also special cancel-able.
- Crouching Medium Punch
Decent anti air and poke that links into Light Punch.
- Crouching Hard Punch
Good normal for frame traps that links to Standing Medium Punch.
- Crouching Light Kick
Fastest low that can be linked into crouching light punch.
- Crouching Medium Kick
A two hit hit low that causes a untechable knockdown.
- Crouching Hard Kick
A slide that only knocks down the opponent if you hit them really close with it. Best to use it at a safe distance so
its harder to punish and good to use to get in on opponents.
- Neutral Jump Medium Punch
Good air to air.
- Jumping Forward/Back Medium Kick
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch or Hard Kick
Good jump in and does 100 damage.
- Neck Breaker, Forward + Medium Kick
Overhead that hits twice.
- Elbow Drop, Down + M while jumping
This move drops Guy to the ground from the air with his elbow out. Beats out a lot of anti airs and can combo after hit.
- Ninja Sickle, Down Forward + Hard Kick or Up + Hard Kick
Launches the opponent into the air for certain moves that can juggle the opponent in the corner.
- Target Combo 1, Standing Light Punch, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch, Standing Hard Kick
Good damage but only works on standing opponents.
- Target Combo 2, Standing Light Punch, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch, Down + Hard Kick
This is same as above but lets you throw the opponent behind you.
- Target Combo 3, Standing Medium Punch, Standing Hard Punch
Useful if the opponent is crouching.
- Ex Bushin Senpuukyaku
Best anti air and wake up but costs 1 meter and punishable on block. 4 Frame start up
- Crouching Medium Punch
Decent anti air against most jump ins.
- Standing Hard Kick
At an angle you can stop most jump ins with this kick.
- Bushin Flip
You have to know the opponent is going to jump to catch them with this.
- Kaiten Izuna Otoshi
Good air to air if you know the opponent is going to jump when you do.
- Down, Down Back, Back + any Kick
Hard version can juggle opponents after hitting with Hozanto, Ex Hozanto, Bushin Combo, and Ninja Sickle in corner. Ex version is good as an anti air or as a wake up move but it is -20 on block.
Bushin Izuna Otoshi
- Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch then Punch
Good to use in your mix-ups or to catch someone jumping. Pressing Punch while in the air Guy will drop with his elbow out and if you hit Punch near opponent you will grab them. Each version goes different distances.
- Forward, Down Forward, Down, Down Back, Back + any Punch
Light version is safest but doesn’t travel far. Medium is good to go under projectiles and only -2 on block. Hard and Ex can go under projectiles and travel far but are -6 on block. Ex has a 10 frame start up while Hard is 30 but Hard version does 160 damage and Ex does 120 damage.
- Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Kick then Light Kick, Medium Kick, or Hard Kick
After taking off running, you can choose what you want Guy to do. Light Kick makes him stop running. Medium Makes him slide. Hard Kick makes him perform an overhead kick. This move is good to start momentum on the opponent by run and stopping. Ex Run grants two hits of armor allowing Guy to go through projectiles or pokes.
Kaizen Izuna Otoshi
- Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
An air grab that grabs the opponent in the air if they are close to you. You have to know the opponent is going to jump and you have to jump and while near them input the move and you will grab them.
- Bushin Hasoken , Down, Down Forward, Forward, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
Easy to combo into and does good damage.
- Ultra 1, Bushin Goraisenpujin, Down, Down Forward, Forward,Down, Down Forward, Forward + all three kicks
Good combo ultra. 12 Frame start up.
- Ultra 2, Bushin Muso Renge, Forward, Down Forward, Down, Down Back, Back, Forward, Down Forward, Down, Down Back, Back + all three punches
Good to punish moves that Guy can’t punish normally and it is a grab. 1 Frame start up.
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Crouching Light Punch, Target Combo 3 cancel into Hozanto
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
Ducking can be used instead of Machine Gun Blow to continue pressure.
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Target Combo 1, Ex Hozanto. Standing opponents only.
- Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Medium Punch cancel into Run Slide or Ex Hozanto.
- Close Standing Hard Kick, Target Combo 1, Ex Hozanto. Standing opponents only
- Crouching Medium Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Standing Medium Punch cancel into Run Slide or Ex Hozanto
- Crouching Hard Punch, Standing Medium Punch cancel into Run Slide or Ex Hozanto
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-1 Frames or more
- Ultra 2
-3 Frames or more
- Crouching Light Kick into Target combo 1 or 3
-4 Frames or More
- Ex Bushin Senpuukyaku
- Target Combo 1
- Crouching Light Punch into Target Combo 1 or 3
-5 Frames or more
- Standing Medium Punch cancel into Ex Hozanto or Run Slide.
-12 Frames or more
- Ultra 1
- Neck Sickle
Combos Into Ultra
Usually if you are behind on life you will need to land Ultra when possible to gain the lead. Also anytime when presented that you can land Ultra in a under half health situation is always good.
- Focus Attack crumble dash then Ultra
- FADC out of Hozanto then Ultra 1 corner only
- Target Combo into Ultra 1 corner only
Frame traps allows Guy to open the opponent up while keeping pressure. Crouching Hard Punch is +3 on block so a normal with 4 frame start up like Guy’s Standing/Crouching Light Punch will give the opponent 1 frame to do a move but if that move isn’t invincible to normals then you will hit them.
Basic Frame Trap Examples
- Crouching Hard Punch, Standing/Crouching Light Punch
- Crouching Hard Punch, Standing Medium Punch. 2 Frame gap.
How to beat Guy