Rose is a character that can zone with good pokes, able to reflect and/or absorb projectile wars, decent projectile of her own, good mid range attacks, and she has one of the best back dashes in the game. Rose’s Focus Attack is not good, no move that can be used on wake up that is safe, and slow start up and recovery projectiles.
- Close Standing Medium Punch
Good for tick throws and to start combos with. +1 on block and + 4 on hit.
- Close/Far Standing Medium Kick
Close version avoids grabs making this really good to use against opponents wake up if they like to wake up throw and can combo after hit. 0 on block and +3 on hit. The Far version is a good poke.
- Close/Far Standing Hard Kick
Close version is good for starting combos. -2 on block and +3 on hit. Far version is a really good poke with good range on it.
- Crouching Light Punch
Good for hit confirm combos and safe on block
- Crouching Medium Punch
This attack comes at fast and beats out a lot of the opponents attacks and can cancel into special moves. 4 Frame start up.
- Crouching Light Kick
Fastest low that can be linked into crouching light punch or crouching medium punch.
- Crouching Medium Kick
Good counter poking tool to stop opponents crouching attacks and can cancel into special moves.
- Crouching Hard Kick
Decent start up low that causes knockdown. It has good reach but it is -10 on block making it easy to punish.
- Jumping Forward/Back Medium Punch
Good air to air.
- Jumping Forward/Back Medium Kick
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch.
Main jump in attack.
- Slide, Down Forward + Medium Kick
A moving low that is good attack to move in on the opponent at the right distance.
- Soul Piede, Forward + Hard Kick
Good range normal that can catch opponents off guard if they try moving in on you.
- Crouching Hard Punch
Main anti air. 5 frame start up, and 100 damage.
- Soul Throw or Ex Soul Throw
Can be used as an anti air but some jump ins with beat the normal versions so Ex is recommended to be sure that it will go through their jump ins.
- Soul Piede
Decent anti air if they are going to land out of your crouching hard punch reach.
- Ultra 1
Great anti air if you have ultra and know they are going to jump. 12 Frame start up.
- Back,Down Back, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
Rose’s projectile. The Light version starts up fast with 14 frame start up but travels the slowest. The Medium version starts up slower with 22 frame start up but goes a little faster. The Hard version starts up the slowest with 29 frame start up but goes the fastest. Ex version has the same start up as Light but goes the fastest and has fastest recovery.
- Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Kick
Good combo ender move that causes knockdown. Light version starts up the fastest but the most punishable version being -8 on block. Medium version starts up a little slower but is less punishable being -6 on block. Hard version starts up the slowest but is -4 on block. The Ex version has invincibility frames on start up so it can be used as a decent wake up attack but is -6 on block and it starts up almost as fast as the Light version but goes as far as the Hard version.. All versions do 100 damage and 100 stun.
- Forward, Down, Down Forward + any Punch
Anti air move. Light version travels the shortest distance, Medium in the middle, and Hard/Ex versions travel the most distance. Ex version has invincibility on start up frames making it a decent wake up move. All versions have 6 frame start up and do 160 damage.
- Back,Down Back, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Kick then Punch for Straight or Kick for Upper
An absorbing or reflect projectile move. Light version absorbs the projectile, gives you extra meter, and buffs your next Soul Spark move and Super by 4 points for every absorbed projectile. It stacks up to 7 times. Medium version reflects the projectile back to the opponent. Hard version reflects them upward. Ex version starts up fastest and can reflect Ex projectiles.
- Aura Soul Spark , Down, Down Forward, Forward, Down, Down Forward, Forward + any Punch
Easy super to combo into, does good damage, and safe on block.
- Ultra 1, Illusion Spark, Down, Down Forward, Forward,Down, Down Forward, Forward + all three Punch
This ultra can be used as an anti air and it has good reach to punish attacks from a distance. 12 frame start up.
- Ultra 2, Soul Satellite, Down, Down Back, Back, Down, Down Back, Back + all three punches
Good ultra for everything. After using the ultra, 2 orbs will follow you and damage the opponent on contact but they will go away if you get hit so you have to play safe while moving toward your opponent.
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Soul Spiral or Soul Spark
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Soul Spiral or Soul Spark
- Crouching Light Kick,Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Soul Spiral
- Close Standing Medium Punch, Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Soul Spiral
- Crouching Hard Punch cancel into Soul Spiral cancel into Aura Soul Spark
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-3 Frames or more
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Kick
-4 Frames or More
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Soul Spiral
-5 Frames or more
- Crouching Hard Punch cancel into Soul Spiral
Combos Into Ultra
Usually if you are behind on life you will need to land Ultra when possible to gain the lead. Also anytime when presented that you can land Ultra in a under half health situation is always good.
- Focus Attack crumble dash then Ultra
- Crouching Hard Punch cancel into Hard Soul Reflect, Ultra 2, Soul Throw. corner only
- Crouching Medium Kick cancel into Ex Soul Spark FADC, Ultra 1
How to beat Rose