Vega has really good normals like his Crouching Medium Punch being 4 frame start up and it has really good reach making him punish a lot of things other characters can’t. Vega’s focus attack has really good range and has a good kara throw but Vega doesn’t have good wake up options, cant combo in his ultras easily, and losing your claw hurts your range.
- Close Standing Hard Punch
Good when really close to opponent and can combo after hit. +1 on block and +5 on hit
- Far Standing Hard Punch
Good range but has lots of recovery. -8 on block and -4 on hit.
- Far Standing Light Kick
Good to use if near opponent and can combo into crouching medium punch on hit. +2 on block and +5 on hit.
- Far Standing Medium Kick
Great poke if you lose your claw.
- Standing Hard Kick
Fast attack that hits twice if close to the opponent. 4 Frame start up.
- Crouching Light Punch
Decent range and safe to use to push the opponent out and can link into crouching medium punch. 4 Frame start up, +1 on block, and +4 on hit.
- Crouching Medium Punch
Really good poking and punishing attack and can link into Rolling Crystal Flash or Ex Flying Barcelona. 4 Frame start up.
- Crouching Light Kick
Fast low that can link into other normals or specials. 4 Frame start up.
- Crouching Medium Kick
Good reaching low that beats a lot of standing attacks and can link into crouching medium punch. 6 Frame start up, +2 on block, and +5 on hit.
- Crouching Hard Kick
A slide that goes far but if spaced wrong it can be punished. 8 Frame start up and -12 on block.
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Punch
With claw on, this is one of the best jump ins in the game.
- Jumping Forward/Back Hard Kick
Both do 100 damage and 200 stun.
- Down Forward + Medium Kick
Overhead. Throwing after it hits or the opponents block is alright but don’t use it too much because it’s -4 on block and 0 on hit.
- Down Forward + Hard Kick
Good to close the distance. -3 on block.
- Kara Throw
You have to press Hard Kick right before hitting Light Punch + Light Kick, very close together. It will increase Vega’s throw range by moving him forward a little.
- Standing Hard Kick
Quick anti air but can lose to some jump ins. 70 damage.
- Scarlet Terror or Ex Scarlet Terror
Solid anti air but Scarlet Terror will trade with some jump ins. 185 damage for Hard Scarlet Terror and 207 damage for Ex.
- Neutral Jump Hard Kick
Good if you can react to their jumps. 125 damage.
- Air Throw
Also good if you can react to their jumps. 150 damage.
- Ex Flying Barcelona Attack
This can be used to hit the opponent as soon as they jump off the ground. 180 damage.
- Ultra 2
Good to use if you have ultra. 450 damage.
Rolling Crystal Flash (Rolling Claw Attack)
- Hold Back for 2 secs, Forward + any Punch
Good chip damaging move that is -2 on block and +2 on hit. The Ex version can go through projectiles and 0 on block and +4 on hit.
Flying Barcelona Attack & Izuna Drop (Wall Dive and Throw)
- Hold Down for 2 secs, Up + any Kick, Back or Forward + Punch for Izuna Drop
You can choose what wall you want to jump from by ending the input on Up Back or Up Forward. Hitting any punch punch not near attack with make you attack but if close you will grab the opponent. Ex version will hit on the way to the wall.
Sky High Claw (Aerial Claw Attack)
- Hold Down for 2 secs, Up + any Punch
Decent chip move. The Ex version comes out faster, goes through projectile, and if you choose to go to the other wall behind the opponent you can cross them up. Normal versions are -20 on block and Ex is -18.
Scarlet Terror (Flip Kick)
- Down Back, Forward + any Kick
Anti air move. If you hit the Light version on the opponent in air, you can follow up with Hard or Ex version. 7 Frame start up on Light and Medium and 4 Frame on Hard and Ex.
- All three punches
Good against chip damage moves or to avoid pokes. 65 recovery frames.
- All three Kicks
Good to dodge meaty projectiles. It can be used on wake up but it has 42 recovery frames so don’t use it too much.
- Forward, Down, Down Forward + any Punch
You can use this move to reset the amount of hits required to knock off your claw. Light version puts it behind you and Medium or Hard Punch puts it in front of you.
- Forward, Down, Down Forward + 2 Punches
Throws your mask off making you do 10% more damage but you take more damage when your hit. Takes 1 meter.
- Flying Barcelona Special & Rolling Izuna Drop, Hold Down Back, Down Forward, Down Back, Up Forward + any Kick
It’s a powered up version of Vega’s Izuna Drop but tough to land on opponents who can react to it before it hits them.
- Ultra 1, Bloody High Claw, Hold Down Back, Down Forward, Down Back, Up Forward + all three Kicks
Good against projectiles.
- Ultra 2, Splendid Claw, Down Back, Forward, Back, Forward + all three Kicks
Good to use against jump ins, get out of the corner, or to go through projectiles.
All these work with most jump ins such as Jumping Hard Kick or Hard Punch
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Light Rolling Crystal Flash
Safe combo if they block
Hit Confirm Combos
These combos are best used from a really close distance to the opponent and will give you time to see if your hit connects to do the appropriate special move.
- Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Flying Barcelona Attack
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Flying Barcelona Attack. Good combo that punishes a lot of attacks since Crouching Medium Punch has a 4 frame start up and really good reach.
- Crouching Medium Kick, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Flying Barcelona Attack
- Crouching Medium Kick cancel into Light Rolling Crystal Flash
- Standing Hard Punch, Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Flying Barcelona Attack. Big Damage combo.
- Down Forward + Hard Kick, Hard Scarlet Terror or Ex Scarlet Terror
These will be your high damage hard hitting punishment combos. You want to use these when the opponent makes a mistake that is big enough for the particular punish.
-4 Frames or More
- Crouching Medium Punch cancel into Ex Flying Barcelona Attack
- Hard Scarlet Terror or Ex Scarlet Terror
-8 Frames or more
- Ultra 2
Combos Into Ultra
These will be combos you want to use when you need to land Ultra. Usually if you are behind on life you will need to land Ultra when possible to gain the lead. Also anytime when presented that you can land Ultra in a under half health situation is always good.
- Charged Focus Attack to ultra
How to beat Vega